We are fully open as of this weekend! We will be using every pew.
Executive Order (EO) 79 provides guidelines on masks in accordance with the CDC’s recent modification for those who are vaccinated. The Executive Order also terminates EO 72 (7th amendment), which had extensive guidelines for various sectors. The termination of EO 72 effectively eliminates social distancing and occupancy restrictions.
In response to these significant changes, Bishop Burbidge is lifting various guidelines enacted across the Diocese effective May 28. The changes are as follows:
- Bishop Burbidge encourages all parishes to return to pre-COVID schedules for Masses, Adoration, and access to the Parish
- No occupancy limits on Mass attendance
- No social distancing
- No disinfecting or cleaning between Masses as expected during the pandemic
- At the pastor’s discretion, live-streamed Masses may still be offered out of solicitude for the homebound (St. Jude will continue to stream the Daily Masses, but will only offer the 9:30 am Mass on Sundays).
- As for face coverings
- Fully vaccinated persons no longer need to wear a mask in any setting
- Unvaccinated persons are encouraged to wear face coverings per EO 79
- At this time, Communion will continue under the Precious Body only
- The following liturgical elements that were suspended during the pandemic may now be reintroduced:
- Holy water
- Offertory procession (will be phased in with the reintroduction of the altar servers, currently only Saturday at 5pm and Sunday at 9:30am)
- The sign of peace (without physical contact between non-family members)
At this time, the dispensation remains in effect. Further announcements regarding this matter will be conveyed in the near future.